- If you are in crisis, call the toll-free National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is available to anyone. All calls are confidential.
- You can also reach the online chat at https://988lifeline.org/chat/: Available in English and Spanish.
- 988 America’s Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline: Available in English and Spanish.
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Mental Health Crisis Services: in Texas
- https://www.211texas.org/about-2-1-1/: Call 211 in Texas. A program of Texas Health and Human Services hosts a free anonymous hotline that operates options 1 (community programs and services), 4 (emergency assistance registry), 5 (disasters), 6 (public health emergencies), and 8 (mental health and substance abuse).
- Louisiana Suicide Hotlines
- If in Crisis - NAMI Louisiana
- Comprehensive Crisis Response: Oklahoma
FURTHER INFORMATION ON DEALING WITH A MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS: