: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/healthbydesign.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/sole/functions.php
on line 265
Allergic Reactions Including Anaphylaxis After Receipt of the First Dose of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
On January 22, 2021, MMWR published an allergic reactions report for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Out of 4,041,396 first doses given from Dec 21- Jan 10th, there were 10 anaphylaxis cases after Moderna vaccination. This gives a 2.5 cases of anaphylaxis/million doses given.
- 9/10 occurred within 15 minutes of vaccination. 9/10 had a history of allergies or allergic reactions, 5/10 had experienced anaphylaxis in the past.
- No deaths were reported.
- There were 43 cases of non-anaphylaxis allergic reaction. 60% were classified as non-serious (pruritus, rash, itchy sensations in the mouth and throat, sensations of throat closure and respiratory symptoms)
What vaccine administrators (including HBD) are doing:
- Screening recipients for contraindications and precautions
- Having necessary supplies and staff members available to manage anaphylaxis
- Implement recommended post-vaccination observation periods
- Immediately treating suspected anaphylaxis with intramuscular epinephrine injection
Privacy & Cookies Policy