SUMMER SUN SAFETY TIPS
- Seek shade under an umbrella or tree to reduce your risk of skin cancer and to stay cool.
- You should wear protective clothing, including long-sleeved shirt, long pants and skirts that provide protection from the sun.
- Clothes that are made from tightly woven material provide the best coverage.
- Wear a hat with a brim for the most beneficial protection from the sun.
- Your hat should shade your face, ears and the back of your neck.
- Avoid straw hats that contain holes that let sunlight through.
- Sunglasses protect your eyes from UV rays and reduce your risk of cataracts.
- Glasses that block both UVA and UVB rays are the best choice.
- Apply prior to sun exposure
- Use broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15.
- It should be reapplied every 2 hours.